Succession and the Transfer of Social Capital in Chinese Family Businesses
Understanding Guanxi as a Resource – Cases, Examples and Firm Owners in Their Own Words
This is the first systematic study of the succession process of Chinese family businesses which reveals what is truly happening during the time of hand-over. In explaining the features of the Chinese way of succession, special attention is paid to the transfer of social capital and guanxi, among other cultural and socioeconomic contexts, which could impact the behaviours and decisions of the family business stakeholders. Carefully selected 63 cases of family firms and the authentic words and experiences of the founders and their second generation are of high relevance in helping the readers to understand Chinese family businesses and their successions as well as to learn from their successes or failures.
Succession and the Transfer of Social Capital in Chinese Family Businesses von Xing Ke und V&R unipress ist lizenziert unter einer Creative Commons Namensnennung 4.0 International Lizenz.
- Xing Ke
- Dr Xing Ke received her Doctor’s Degree in Economics at Witten/Herdecke University in 2016. She completed her BA at Peking University, China in 2009 and received her Master’s Degree at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management in 2011. Besides getting intensively involved in research of family business, she has also gained rich experiences in consultancy and finance sectors as practitioner. She was certified as one of the High-level Talents in Chongqing, China in 2017.
- Österreichischer Verband für Deutsch (Hg.)
- Corina Ahlers (Hg.),
- Natascha Vittorelli (Hg.),
- Gustav Glück (Hg.),
- Aladin Nakshbandi (Hg.)
- Deutsche Gesellsch. für Individualpsychologie e.V. (Hg.),
- Verein SGIPA (Hg.),
- Österreichischer Verein (Hg.)